Friday, May 17, 2013

Things have been so crazy!

I am going to try this again!  But this time I will share more about what I am doing.  

I believe I am having a mid-life crisis!  I am not sure what I want to be when I grow up.  My health has been bad that last two and half months.  Just last week spent several days in the hospital again for asthma problems.  Even spent one night in intensive care!  I really have to decide what makes me happy.  I can't keep doing this.  I say yes to everything and that has to stop.

I did enroll at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition for the year long program.  I do see some changes coming personally and professional and this will help with both I believe. 
http://www.integrativenutrition.com/   If you check it out and are interested let me know. 

Our first assignment was to think about what our intention was!  Why did we come to IIN?  Words that came to mind were determined, healthy, happy, passion, thoughtful, accountable, and consistent. I see this vision of a Health Coach taking the place of "school nurse".  Working in the health care field for 20 years now why do we have to treat the illness when we can help stop it. I could be the health coach for kids and staff. We need to keep our teachers healthy and happy too.

One of my new favorite quotes "genetics may load the gun but you decide if the trigger gets pulled" - meaning you can fight against any illness with environmental changes.

One other thing that stood out to me from class already is we are very picky when it comes to friends and family. We only hang out with who we want and that is only a few hours a day or week.  But we will work for just about anyone!  We will spend 8-10 hours a day for someone we can't stand and we think it is ok to do so.  Why?

I also felt like we were missing out on some fun times with the kids.  So we purchased a pop up camper!  I will have some fun updating the cushions and curtains.  :)  More to come on that.





No comments:

Post a Comment