Friday, May 17, 2013

Camper Upgrade!

You could tell the camper was a 2001 - but yet in really good shape.  I was able to take all the cushions and recover them with some great bright fabric.  I made the valance to match and the took the darker blue out of the stripes and made the curtains.  I put mesh at the top of the curtains by the bed to allow more air flow.  Really brightens it up in there! Ultimately it took approx 20 hours total and I think maybe $300.  I purchased all the fabric 50% off at Joann Fabrics.  And we had staples on hand and other needed items.

Oh the nasty cushion color and faded curtains

Couch area near Kind Size Bed


This is what I started with - pretty!

First Cushion is done and looks really nice.

the color adds so much to the area


made some tie backs in the same color fabric

I might want to hang out in here  :)




2 comments:

  1. I have this same Pop up... You did a beautiful job... Where did you find the clips to hang the curtains?
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been able to find them, but when I did the curtains in my '87 coleman tent trailer, I sewed 1/4 inch plastic buttons onto the back of the curtain panels. The buttons were the perfect size to pop into the curtain tracks. :) it also allowed the curtains to lay flatter on the wall.

      Delete